If a club were to ever have really great friends, it would be the Kenilworth Chess. Quality, real chess, real chess players, connected is the word.
Ian asked us if we could post below for his club, why sure, right away:
Happy new year, hope all is well with you! I wanted to pass along the details for Kenilworth's upcoming club championship in case you thought it was worth advertising to your members, all would be welcome (though club membership is required, $15 for most people except seniors). Details are below. Also, we're planning on having more rated events throughout the year than we have in the past, so if it is of interest to you I will continue to provide you with updates.
22nd Annual Kenilworth Chess Club Championship, starts January 12th at 8:20 pm
• USCF Rated
• 5-round Swiss
• G/90 time control.
• Rounds will commence at 8:20 p.m. every Thursday night for the duration of the event.
• Prizes : Tentative: Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Top U2050, Top U1800, Top U1600, Top U1400, Biggest upset
• Tiebreaks TBA
• EF: $10 entry fee + dues + $5 anti-forfeit deposit = $30 for most players.
• KCC memberships required: dues $7.50 for juniors U-18, $10 for seniors 65+, and $15 for all others.
• Register with TD Geoff McAuliffe during our 1/5 meeting or before 8:20 p.m. on 1/12 @ Kenilworth Community Center, 575 Boulevard, Kenilworth, N.J.'
'See also: http://www.kenilworthchessclub.org/calendar/index.html, click red, direct link here.