Monday, January 02, 2012

Announcement for Our Good Friends: 22nd Annual Kenilworth Chess Club Championship

[
If a club were to ever have really great friends, it would be the Kenilworth Chess. Quality, real chess, real chess players, connected is the word.

Ian asked us if we could post below for his club, why sure, right away:
]


'Hi Guys,
Happy new year, hope all is well with you! I wanted to pass along the details for Kenilworth's upcoming club championship in case you thought it was worth advertising to your members, all would be welcome (though club membership is required, $15 for most people except seniors). Details are below. Also, we're planning on having more rated events throughout the year than we have in the past, so if it is of interest to you I will continue to provide you with updates.

Best, Ian

22nd Annual Kenilworth Chess Club Championship, starts January 12th at 8:20 pm
• USCF Rated
• 5-round Swiss
• G/90 time control.
• Rounds will commence at 8:20 p.m. every Thursday night for the duration of the event.
• Prizes : Tentative: Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Top U2050, Top U1800, Top U1600, Top U1400, Biggest upset
• Tiebreaks TBA
• EF: $10 entry fee + dues + $5 anti-forfeit deposit = $30 for most players.
• KCC memberships required: dues $7.50 for juniors U-18, $10 for seniors 65+, and $15 for all others.
• Register with TD Geoff McAuliffe during our 1/5 meeting or before 8:20 p.m. on 1/12 @ Kenilworth Community Center, 575 Boulevard, Kenilworth, N.J.'

'See also: http://www.kenilworthchessclub.org/calendar/index.html, click red, direct link here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

submitted by DORAN
I am interested in sharing a room but I have a limited budget. Possibly a Quad. I don’t think a quad has 4 beds. Two guys in one bed is awkward. I could be the guy on the cot who pays less than 25%. I expect I will be out of my apartment by then. Either I will have rented a room in someone’s house or I will be experienced at sleeping in my car. If I am sleeping in my car it might be nice to have a hot shower. Otherwise I will shower at the Wyckoff YMCA. If I am still in my apartment I will have plenty of empty space. I could easily house several players. I live between exits 10 and 12 on 287.

transformation said...

Doran, these comments are OK but not effective. Based on feedback and comments for approval, almost no one reads them. Sorry. Not trying to be a smartA. It’s just reality at our club, at this time.

The club needs a bulletin board. I know how to seek, implement, and maintain, thus promote one, but I am stepping back from all club activism.